Why Does Your Elbow Hurt?
Your elbow lets you throw, lift, swing, and hug, for starters. You can do all this because it’s not a simple joint. And that means there are a lot of ways things can go wrong.
The most common symptoms of wear and tear are:
- Loss of range of motion
- Joint swelling may also occur. But this does not usually happen at first. Swelling occurs later, as the disease progresses.
- A “grating” or “locking” sensation in the elbow. The “grating” is due to loss of the normal smooth joint surface. This is caused by cartilage damage or wear. The “locking” is caused by loose pieces of cartilage or bone. These can dislodge from the joint and become trapped between the moving joint surfaces, blocking motion.
- Numbness in their ring finger and small finger can occur in later stages. Swelling in the elbow joint can put increased pressure on the ulnar nerve.
The elbow support belt is designed to keep you in winning form. You and your backhand don't have to hold back anymore, and you don't have to be a tennis player to enjoy a strong grip or active finger movements. The support helps provide firm, stabilizing protection and compression. A patented tendon pad cushion places gentle, targeted pressure on elbow tendons and muscles to help provide the support you need to get back on the court.
They work by compressing the upper forearm and absorbing the forces which are transmitted through the soft tissues to the point of pain on the outside of the elbow. They also change the angle at which the tendon works at the elbow which changes the forces which are applied to the tendon attachment allowing the injured area time to recover.
- VERSATILE FUNCTIONALITY: By compressing the upper forearm and absorbing the forces which are transmitted through the soft tissues, the brace can relieve pain and prevent injury of tennis elbow or tendonitis resulting from participating in any activities that require repetitive arm, elbow, wrist, and hand movement, especially while tightly gripping something;
- HIGH QUALITY: The velcro is strong enough, all the stitching and seam work is done very well and the compression pad in the brace is generously made to fill the entire area under the elbow;
- TARGETED COMPRESSION: Lined with a firm foam padding, the elbow brace contours to the arm for targeted compression therapy. The compression brace relieves strained tendons and muscles in the forearm while increasing blood flow to reduce swelling and inflammation.
- BREATHABLE LATEX-FREE BLEND: Constructed with a lightweight, breathable neoprene blend to remain cool and dry throughout the day for exceptional comfort. The bracelet-style elbow brace is also lined with a non-slip material to prevent slipping or bunching during exercise or everyday activity.
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: A must-have for those who suffer from tennis elbow and tendonitis, like drivers, golfers, baseball players, bowlers, gardeners, landscapers, cleaners (vacuuming, sweeping, and scrubbing), carpenters, mechanics, and assembly-line workers, etc.